Monday, December 31, 2012
Tuesday, December 25, 2012
I had an awesome Christmas Eve. I'm currently in Connecticut visiting my family for Christmas. The time has been great, but the one bummer had been that my husband couldn't come with me because he only had Christmas Day off of work... Or so I thought! Yesterday morning he waltzed into my mom's house... Surprise! Apparently my mom and her husband knew he was going to surprise me, and so did my friends, but no one spilled the beans. I was so shocked and happy to see him. I was having a really great time, but he was the one missing piece.
Leading up to today, my sister, my mom, and I have been in search for a Pillow Featherbed doll from the show Lalaloopsy. Pillow is my niece's favorite character, and every store we went to had an assortment of characters, but no Pillow! Yesterday, as my husband and I were getting a doll for his niece, I happen to glance over in the Lalaoopsy and what do I see? It's Pillow! At the very last store I went to before Christmas shopping was all done, I found her!
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
- I want to see my grandmother walking with minimal assistance
- I want to see my grandmother SEE
- I want to see a combination LaNeshe-Tim little person
- I want to see me saving much more money than I did this year
- I want to see me making much more money than I did this year
- I want to see myself on a stage or on camera often
- I want to see a development in my graphic design skills
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Friday, December 7, 2012
Sunday, December 2, 2012
- I did background work on FOUR TV Shows: Boxing's Ultimate Showdown (pilot being pitched), Political Animals (in which you could see the side of my face lol), Do No Harm (airing 2013), and Smash (second season, airing 2013).
- Hubs and I also had an awesome trip to San Diego.
- I lost about 15 pounds.
- I won a Knight Foundation scholarship to attend the National Arts Marketing Conference.
- It's been another year with my grandmother in my life after doctors said she was going to die. AND she's on less medication and healing better.
- I turned one of our extra bedrooms into a walk-in closet.
- We went on an awesome 3rd wedding anniversary excursion to Linvilla Orchards
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Monday, November 19, 2012
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
- I just came back from the National Arts Marketing Project Conference which has totally jump-started my professional growth. I want to continue to learn whenever/wherever I can, and grow in my field.
- I've reached out to the lovely Angie of Lariats and Lavender about redesigning the blog.
- I'm currently participating in DigiWriMo
- I'll be getting new headshots taken in December
- There is an agent who said she'd like to take me on in lieu of updating my headshots, so hopefully that will happen in the near future
- I've joined a casting network so I can actively purse more auditions and extra/background work
- I'm starting a 6 week acting class tonight!
- Eating correctly - I know what I should be eating (fruits, veggies, water, and protein), and what I shouldn't be eating (sweets, processed foods), I just need to get back on track with actually following that! We did recently purchase a juicer so I need to get in a juicing habit as well.
- Exercising - I haven't been able to afford keeping my personal trainer, and have slacked off. Time to get back on the train and self motivate in lieu of not having a trainer right now.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Monday, November 5, 2012
- Installation was SUPER simple, no files or programs were lost.
- Live Tiles are cool.
- It's nice to interact with a Windows machine in a different way.
- Notifications in the People app aggravates both my Twitter and Facebook mentions/messages all in one place. I can also see posts from both Facebook and Twitter at once and interact with them. No more switching between programs!
- The News app is cool. It pulls articles from a bunch of different news sources. Will be great to read when I'm bored or have been through all the blogs I usually read.
- Tweetro app is awesome for tweeting.
- Weather app has nice hourly forecast.
- The only option for setting up the Messaging app are MSN messenger and Facebook messenger - Lame. I'd love to at least have a Google chat account connection.
- There is no archive button in the Mail app for us Gmail users.
- The corners are hot-mapped for various controls. Either I'm just not used to it yet, or it's a little finicky, but I keep clicking the wrong things when I'm trying to click in the corners to do things.
- Setting things up was a little laborious as I had to completely restart my computer to connect Facebook, and then again to connect Twitter.
- Shutting down the computer requires one mouse motion, and 3 clicks. Seems to be a bit much. There should be simpler/faster way to shut your computer down.
Sunday, November 4, 2012
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Friday, November 2, 2012
Dial-up internet connection sucked. Of course, when that was the only option, we didn't know it sucked. All we knew was unless we had two separate phone lines we couldn't talk on the phone and be on the internet at the same time. Enter the Cable Modem. It blew my mind. Not only was the internet connection what seemed like a billion times faster, I could talk to my friends on the phone at the same time as I was chatting with them in AOL Instant Messenger! What more could a teenager ask for? The cable modem also amped up my use of the next technological advancement that blew my mind:
Thursday, November 1, 2012
- They will dress up if they are going to go trick-or-treating
- When they are teens, they will STILL dress up if they go trick-or-treating
- They will say “Trick or Treat?” and not just hold a bag out waiting for candy
- They will say “thank you” upon receipt of candy
- They will not leave football practice in uniform and obtain candy in their gym bag, passing off their uniform as a costume
- I will not walk around with my child asking for my own portion of candy
- They will use a pillowcase, tote bag, or Halloween bag or bucket to collect candy. Not a plastic bag or their book bag or no bag at all.
- They will not trick-or-treat while having their cell phone up to their ears.
DigiWriMo Word Count: 374
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Miracle-Gro. All opinions are 100% mine.
Did you ever wish you had someone to guide you through gardening. We've been at our home for more than a year now, and I have a front and back yard that I've yet to try my green thumb on because I just can't figure out where to start or what I want. Enter the Miracle-Gro Gardenieres. Gardenieres are real life gardening enthusiants sharing their tips and tricks.
The Miracle-Gro Facebook page has lots of projects and you can share and read stories from others. I figured I better start with the basics, so I checked out the Container Gardening 101 post. I will more than likely be planting things in containers and putting them outside, rather than planting in the actual ground at first... it just makes me feel like I have more control lol. In the post Chris Cerveny explains how to use the Expand n' Gro planting mix.
For potting projects the top Miracle-Gro products, especially for growing plants through the fall are:
Miracle-Gro Potting Mix - feeds plants continuously for up to six months and helps improve drainage and air flow.
Miracle-Gro Liquafeed - feeds plants through leaves leaves and roots. Great for flowers, vegetables, trees and shrubs.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
- A hayride through the farm
- Marshmallow roasting
- Apple cider
- A snack trip filled with fried Oreos and apple fritters
- A trip to their market where we purchased: apple cider, a candy apple, a pumpkin pie, pumpkin seeds, vanilla fudge, apple butter, and candy sticks.