I received the Venus & Olay Razor complimentary to test via Influenster's VoxBox program. This is a new disposable razor product from Gillette that has an Olay moisture strip on both ends of the razor. Once done with the razor head you can dispose of that portion, and buy new ones to attach to the handle.
- You don't need shave gel, as the moisture strips create a lather and moisturize the skin while shaving. I still needed lotion afterwards, it doesn't cut out that part of the shaving regimen.
- It comes with a SUPER convenient shower hook to keep it in. Making it easy to grab. I HATE when I forget to bring my razor into the shower with me and have to get out prematurely to grab it.
- The scent of the moisture bars is awesome.
- It has a five blade razor so it gets a nice close shave.*
- *It has a five blades, which means the blades are close together, which leads to the razor clogging faster. I fear that the razor will be clogged before the moisture bars have been used up.
All around I give the razor two thumbs up. It definitely works. While the five blades do lend to quicker clogging, it also lends to an awesome close shave.
A refillable Venus & Olay with one replacement cartridge sells for about $8.99-$10.99. Packages of three replacement cartridges are available for about $14.99 - $19.49. You should see them popping up in your local food, drug, and convenience stores shortly!