- Every 9½ minutes, someone is infected with HIV.
- 1 in 5 people with HIV does not know it.
- One third of all new HIV infections are among young adults under the age of 29.
- There are approximately 1.2 million people living with HIV disease.
- Since the first AIDS case was diagnosed in 1981, over 600,000 Americans have died of AIDS, more than all the U.S. combat deaths since the beginning of World War I.
- Nearly half of the people infected with HIV in the U.S. are not receiving medical care.
I humbly ask for your sponsorship of me, Team Love, and support of AIDS Walk/Run Philly. DONATE whatever you can, every cent helps.