Hubs and I attended my dream wedding this past weekend. Now, I know what you're saying: LaNeshe, how can your dream wedding not be YOUR wedding? I loved my wedding. I wouldn't change a thing. Well, maybe I would change the moment that I broke the HIS glass of the HIS & HER champagne flutes that we bought. But other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.
This wedding was my dream wedding because it had all the elements of a great wedding I've ever thought of, but most important, I was a guest at the wedding. You can have a different level of fun at a wedding when it's not actually your wedding and you don't have to worry about anything but enjoying yourself.
The makings of my dream wedding:
1. No flower girl: The GROOM spread the flower petals out before his wife-to-be came down the isle. I thought that was SO precious.
2. All the traditions: They did the unity candle, jumping the broom, and a mixing of the sand with the Bride, Groom, and the groom's daughter.
3. Cocktail hour: Open bar. I don't think this needs explanation lol
4. Ice sculpture: Not only was there an ice sculpture, but they were serving a drink THROUGH the ice sculpture. It was amazing.
5. Great dinner: First course, crab-cakes with corn mango salsa. Second Course, delicious arugula salad. Third course, the most moist delicious chicken I've ever had in my life, with mashed potatoes and creamed spinach.
6. Choreographed dances: There were multiple choreographed dance routines, which was awesome. I've seen them on the internet, but never in real life.
Hubs and I had so much fun. We danced more than I think we've done on any occasion before that. We even ended up booking a room at the hotel for the evening.
Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Malcolm and Stacey Yates.