I'm older now, and I suppose that means I'm also wiser. Here are 30 lessons I've learned in 30 years.
1. You don't always know what's best for you.
2. When you're comfortable it's time to raise the stakes or move on.
4. No one will look out for you like you look out for yourself, so look out for yourself.
5. You can teach yourself a lot with Google.
7. You can't please everyone.
8. It is completely acceptable, and fun, to go places by yourself.
9. The hard times don't last forever.
10. Have life plans, but be flexible.
12. Trust your instincts.
13. There is no rule book to life.
14. A good relationship takes work.
15. You'll never be happy if you constantly compare yourself to others.
16. You'll never be happy if your criticize yourself constantly.
17. You have to embrace adulthood, because there is no way you're going back to being a child.
18. Breaking from routine gives some of the greatest moments in life.
19. Take risks.
20. Test boundaries.
21. Don't live in the confines of someone else's success.
22. Laughter really is the best medicine.
23. If you need to cry, cry.
24. A closed mouth don't get fed.
25. You have to get uncomfortable to succeed.
26. There is only so much you should do for "exposure" - get paid for your work.
27. Do something for YOU every day.
28. Don't let the expectations of holidays and special days drive you crazy.
29. Enjoy the little things in life, they are more bountiful than the big things.
30. Be you, unapologetically.
What life lessons have you learned?