Thursday, November 29, 2012
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Monday, November 19, 2012
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
This picture is not necessarily related to this post. I just happened to find it in one of my folders. Remember when Facebook used to have flair boards? This was mine.
- I just came back from the National Arts Marketing Project Conference which has totally jump-started my professional growth. I want to continue to learn whenever/wherever I can, and grow in my field.
- I've reached out to the lovely Angie of Lariats and Lavender about redesigning the blog.
- I'm currently participating in DigiWriMo
- I'll be getting new headshots taken in December
- There is an agent who said she'd like to take me on in lieu of updating my headshots, so hopefully that will happen in the near future
- I've joined a casting network so I can actively purse more auditions and extra/background work
- I'm starting a 6 week acting class tonight!
THINGS THAT NEED WORK
- Eating correctly - I know what I should be eating (fruits, veggies, water, and protein), and what I shouldn't be eating (sweets, processed foods), I just need to get back on track with actually following that! We did recently purchase a juicer so I need to get in a juicing habit as well.
- Exercising - I haven't been able to afford keeping my personal trainer, and have slacked off. Time to get back on the train and self motivate in lieu of not having a trainer right now.
What are you doing for YOUR professional or personal growth?
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
When someone dies, after being horribly sad, I always have two very opposing feelings. The first can be summed up with "Oh my gosh, I need to eat better and exercise more so I can have a long healthy life and enjoy life more." The second thought can be summed up with "I should eat all the brownies I can, you only live once, I could die tomorrow without having enjoyed enough sweet and greasy foods."
It's pretty absurd that my mind goes right to food in relation to death. There is much more I should be thinking about. Rather than eating or not eating I need to start thinking about the actual fulfilling things in life:
Relationships: Friendships, romantic relationships, familial connections, love. My goal should be to experience relationships for all they are worth.
Experiences: Trying new things, taking leaps, testing boundaries, going new places. I'll probably regret not experiencing something I had the chance to experience more than I'd regret not eating another chocolate cookie.
Although, at the end of the day, I don't think there is regret in the afterlife, at least not in heaven?
RIP to Reuben Mitchell, the best Barack Obama impersonator I knew. You, and your talent, will be missed.
DigiWriMo word count: 4,181/ 50,000
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Nutmeg & Spice candle + Peppermint Tea = Relaxation
I received the Bath & Body Works Fall Mini Candle complimentary in my Influenster Beauty Blogger Voxbox. I was able to try out the White Barn Nutmeg & Spice fragrance.
This scent is pretty amazing. It embodies the scents of fall, calling to mind many of my favorite parts of the season - pumpkin pie, spiced apple cider...mmmmm...
The candle is small, probably not as small as it seems next to what is my largest mug lol, but small. Nice size to tuck away. You get a large fragrance without having to burn a large candle. This size is $3.50, you can also get Small Candle for $9.50, Medium Candle for $12.50 or 3-Wick Candle $19.50.
What's your favorite candle scent?
DigiWriMo word count: 2,663/50,000
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
4 The best beverage to buy from an orchard
6 Big Bird colored version of everyone's favorite type of hands-free blanket
7 A lighter form of warm cocoa beverage
1 A kind of festivity for the decoration of Christmas foliage
2 The title of my blog (bonus)
3 Song in the theme of Christ's birthday holiday
5 Winter footwear that protects from liquid
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Monday, November 5, 2012
- Installation was SUPER simple, no files or programs were lost.
- Live Tiles are cool.
- It's nice to interact with a Windows machine in a different way.
- Notifications in the People app aggravates both my Twitter and Facebook mentions/messages all in one place. I can also see posts from both Facebook and Twitter at once and interact with them. No more switching between programs!
- The News app is cool. It pulls articles from a bunch of different news sources. Will be great to read when I'm bored or have been through all the blogs I usually read.
- Tweetro app is awesome for tweeting.
- Weather app has nice hourly forecast.
- The only option for setting up the Messaging app are MSN messenger and Facebook messenger - Lame. I'd love to at least have a Google chat account connection.
- There is no archive button in the Mail app for us Gmail users.
- The corners are hot-mapped for various controls. Either I'm just not used to it yet, or it's a little finicky, but I keep clicking the wrong things when I'm trying to click in the corners to do things.
- Setting things up was a little laborious as I had to completely restart my computer to connect Facebook, and then again to connect Twitter.
- Shutting down the computer requires one mouse motion, and 3 clicks. Seems to be a bit much. There should be simpler/faster way to shut your computer down.
Sunday, November 4, 2012
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Friday, November 2, 2012
Dial-up internet connection sucked. Of course, when that was the only option, we didn't know it sucked. All we knew was unless we had two separate phone lines we couldn't talk on the phone and be on the internet at the same time. Enter the Cable Modem. It blew my mind. Not only was the internet connection what seemed like a billion times faster, I could talk to my friends on the phone at the same time as I was chatting with them in AOL Instant Messenger! What more could a teenager ask for? The cable modem also amped up my use of the next technological advancement that blew my mind:
Thursday, November 1, 2012
When I have kids:
- They will dress up if they are going to go trick-or-treating
- When they are teens, they will STILL dress up if they go trick-or-treating
- They will say “Trick or Treat?” and not just hold a bag out waiting for candy
- They will say “thank you” upon receipt of candy
- They will not leave football practice in uniform and obtain candy in their gym bag, passing off their uniform as a costume
- I will not walk around with my child asking for my own portion of candy
- They will use a pillowcase, tote bag, or Halloween bag or bucket to collect candy. Not a plastic bag or their book bag or no bag at all.
- They will not trick-or-treat while having their cell phone up to their ears.
P.S. – a little girl, after saying trick or treat AND thank you, said “You are soooo beautiful” to me. :-D
DigiWriMo Word Count: 374
DigiWriMo Word Count: 374
© NESHEAHOLIC | All rights reserved.